With almost 100 years of combined experience among its founders, CPST focuses on providing the highest standard of client service and advice. We recognize that our business model has to fit our clients' needs and we have the flexibility and innovative spirit to complement the creativity of our clients.
Our lawyers and agents have decades of experience practising in the field of intellectual property at a large, full-service firm where we were involved on a regular basis in matters that involved the intersection of IP with other areas of law. As such, we have a deep appreciation for how intellectual property fits into a client’s short-term and long-term business goals and we offer
focussed and pragmatic advice tailored to suit their needs.
Leading Canadian and international companies from across a wide range of industries have turned to us to protect, enforce, and monetize their IP assets.
Our broad range of services include the following:
- drafting patent and industrial design applications and prosecuting such applications domestically and globally
- trademark clearance, prosecution and oppositions
- IP litigation, including patent, trademark, copyright and industrial design litigation
- domain name disputes
- IP licensing, transactions, and intellectual property due diligence
- IP management and strategic counseling
We're ranked as leading practitioners
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
- Benchmark Canada: The Definitive Guide to Canada's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys (Intellectual Property)
- World Intellectual Property Review Leaders
- Who's Who Legal: Patent
- IAM Patent 1000
- Who’s Who Legal: Trademarks
- World Trademark Review: WTR 1000
- Managing Intellectual Property: IP Stars